The document should appear embedded in the page below with save, print, rotate, and other options. If it does not appear, see browser note.
Summary and Comment: The autopsy report states:
- Cause of death: Craniocerebral trauma from gunshot wound to head.
- Like Winston Blake, Jaydean died from a bullet entering the top of her skull (see the words "calvarium," "parietal," and "4 inches above … the right ear"; see also the drawing on page 6 of the report). Note: Armed helicopters fired through the roof of the Mt. Carmel Center during the February 28, 1993 assault.
- The autopsy does not include an estimate of the time of death.
The DOJ Report states:
- Branch Davidians Killed During February 28 Shootout … Jaydean Wendel … died of a gunshot wound of the chest. Her body was identified from dental records.… She was 34 years old.
Summary and Comment: The autopsy tells a completely different story: Jaydean died of bullets entering the top of her skull during the initial February 28 assault. We can well understand why the FBI would alter this fact. Unless Jaydean were struck by a bullet when she was leaning over to tie her shoe, her autopsy is additional evidence that armed helicopter fired into the roof of Mt. Carmel from above, as witnesses have repeatedly affirmed.
This alteration of fact by the FBI may be understood as an institutional form of confession.
Summary and Comment: The Inquest Certificate states:
- Manner of death: Non criminal homocide